Thursday, October 3, 2013

Waterfast day 13

weight: 94 temp: 97 (afternoon)


-Last night was really difficult. If I layed flat or on my side my heart would beat hard and fast and it was giving me anxiety so I ended up sleeping in an almost half sitting up position with pillows. Not very restful. At some point in the night my shoulder that I've mentioned became so inflamed with throbbing pain that it woke me up. I sat with it, observing the pain as a sensation and after a long time it would subside to the degree I would fall asleep. Then it would happen again and wake me up. I think it happened about 3 times. When I finally woke up for the morning, the inflamation was gone but it feels the same amount of pain as when we started. I'm guessing there is a lot of work there for the body to clean up whatever kind of injury that is.


-the not being able to lie down without anxiety started yesterday evening so it's been annoying to have to remain in one position all the time. I would prefer to relax as I watch movies but it just seems like my heart has to work too hard if I do that. I've calculated my highest heartbeat at around 90 bps, which is still in normal range but uncomfortable for me because I'm not used to it. I read that it's very normal to have an increased heart rate while fasting, you have to figure the body is doing a lot more work on itself than it normally can so it needs that ooomph, but it can certainly be unsettling at times. Just walking to the bathroom or fridge for water raises it up like I just ran a city block.

-I'm hanging in there. Don't really have the energy to write down my random thoughts.

No comments: