Sunday, September 29, 2013

Water fast day 9

weight: 96.6 lbs temp: 96.8 (afternoon) 97.1 (early evening)

-I received a heartfelt apology from the recent negative email I complained about in my last post so that was unexpected and cool. Thanks PM.

-my friend brought a thermometer over just because I was interested in my temperature. Just so you know I typically have a lower temp than average because of the radiated thyroid and synthetic hormones. This is just one of a myriad of reasons I reccommend to people to do ANYTHING they can to avoid thyroid radiation. Any kind of medical intervention is going to be the most challenging issue to reverse when you awaken to the idea of healing as opposed to symptom treatment.

-my will is really strong because of how many things I've seen improved in only 9 days (9 days whoo hoo!!) so there's no consideration of quitting, but that being said, this is hard. I'm quite weak and the boredom is rough because I'm an active person and I can't do much. I think of all the exciting things I'm going to do after I regain my strength. A trip to the store sounds like Disneyland right now.

-the one thing that hasn't improved is my shoulder. I might have already mentioned it was one of the top symptoms that convinced me to start this fast, however there is no pain in my hip and lower back area and that has been the bane of my existence for YEARS! It was what got me addicted to opiates, not once but twice and has caused a lot of hell in my life. I tear up from the gratitude at times that there is absolutely zero pain in my hip anymore, and two different chiropracters told me my hip is turned slightly inward...one who measured my body with his hands and one who took x-rays, but no amount of adjustments ever got it into alignment (that is not to say that chiro adjustments have not done wonders for me because they have) and I suspect a lot of scar tissue is there and healing going on still. I'm being patient with my shoulder because the body has it's own intelligence and order of priorities. It starts at what is the most crucial, typically anything wrong with your organs and I treated my liver like a garbage can for so many years I'm sure there is plenty to do in there, and also in the digestive system where parasites have been wreaking havoc. Just a small mention, I've done so many parasite cleanses and passed so many crazy things on those cleanses that the idea of getting rid of them completely is a really bright one. Taking away their food source I think is the magic bullet.

(skip this paragraph if you don't want to read about food)
-I had some thoughts about how ignorant we are when we are young... we think we can eat anything because that's what we are told so we eat whatever tastes good. We are hooked on food before we are born because we ate what our mom ate. Then they wean us right onto cooked foods after breast milk-still eating what mom eats (or worse, formula) and from there they introduce more and more toxic stuff. I remember my Dad telling me I loved porkchops as a baby so they gave them to me all the time. My dad became a single father when I was three so he spoiled me with steak and lobster dinners and seafood which became my favorite. When he remarried my stepmom (who is my mom because she raised me and from here on will be called mom) she was an incredible cook. She was part Korean but was adopted very young and grew up being taught to make the food for the family, her parents and brothers. From there she adopted her own favorite recipes and made every cuisine from full course Mexican (Enchiladas, chili rellanos, tacos, the works) to unique Asian like hand made dumplings from scrath and one of my favorites, a beef tomato pepper dish that was to die for (literally, I laugh now when people say that because they don't realize how true it is that every bite is a bite closer to the grave). She made spare ribs and meatloaf with potato casserole, Lazagna, ham stuffed potatoes, scratch made chicken soup and dumplings, crab or tuna melt sandwiches, amazing porkchops, roast chicken and potato salad (sigh)...and for my Dad's contribution he liked to make long simmer pots of spagetti, stews and crock pot meals, roasts with mash potatoes and the works, and he was a master griller. We always loved bbq night, big thick t-bones or slow marinated chicken, seafood kabobs and sometimes just plain old burgers or hotdogs with that delicious cancerous grill crusted flavor, yum! He loved to make a pot of chili with cornbread or turn it into chili dogs. Almost every vegetable we ate came out of a can except for occasionally corn on the cob (drowning in butter) or a salad (smothered in bottled dressing). When nobody felt like cooking it was a bucket of kentucky fried chicken, biscuits, and coleslaw, pizza from the local scratch made place, asian take out with chow mein, bbq pork, eggrolls ect or a box of taco bell tacos...I always requested an enchirito (a bean and beef burrito laid flat and covered with enchilada sauce smothered in melted cheese). Of course there were also many tv dinners, pot pies, fish sticks and tater tots, shake and bake, hamburger helper, soup in a can, chef boyardee, kraft macaroni and cheese, frozen pizza, top ramen, rice a roni, corn dogs and fries, ect. I must have ate a billion chicken mcnuggets and french fries dipped in that bbq sauce. I did not care at all for McDonalds burgers, the Mcchicken would be my choice but I would do anything for a sausage cheese mcmuffin and one of those deep fried potato cakes ...if it was burger time it had to be a whopper from burger king with the works. Actually I also liked Wendy's burgers ok so if I wanted a frosty (thick ice cream shake) I would get my burger from there. Arbys roast beef sandwiches with that delectable high fructose corn syrup sauce and curly fries, yep. I took a job at Popeyes chicken in highschool and ate deepfried spicy chicken, butter crusted biscuits, cajon fries, red beans and rice, cajon rice, cajon mashed potatoes, crispy spicy nuggets and their perfect coleslaw as much as possible because it was free and I loved it. And then I worked at pizza hut where you get to make your own deep dish pizza every shift, and how they make those is with an iron pizza pan with so much oil in it that the dough floats, and then you cover that with sauce, a mound of cheese and any topping you can think of and pass it through the pizza oven. How could I almost forget Mom's homemade breakfast on the weekends? I would wake up to the smell of sizzling sausage, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns and buttery toast....sometimes pancakes or waffles with a gallon of karo syrup and butter. Don't forget cocoa pebbles, fruity pebbles, capn crunch all drowning in milk, pop tarts, breakfast strudell and millions of donuts. For about a year in 11th grade I got into body building and I ate a high protein low fat diet with my staples being chicken breast, plain tuna out of a can, white fish, plain rice, pasta with no sauce, egg whites, steamed vegetables and salad...no oils, no butter. I also got a juicer after a while and made mostly carrot juice as well as my own almond butter and the odd creativity like cantelope icecream. That's probably the only semi-partial healthyish segway I had in my life before becoming a vegan. A high protein diet like that is not healthy at all, but it was a small improvement on my regular s.a.d. uber fatty diet. I was already drinking coffee by junior high school. Add in cigarettes (I was smoking before I had a choice with two chain smoking parents filling up the house with smoke before I started on my own in junior high), marijuana (my sister and I would come home from school sometimes and sneak a little off the pot tray that my dad kept around for parties and get high before they got home. We did insane things like deep fry cheetos and dip cookies in peanut butter and tons of other horrible stuff I can't remember. That may have been when I invented my frosting sandwich), anti-biotics, prescription pain killers, a dentist who gave us nitrous oxide (laughing gas), hairspray, horrible perfumes, cosmetics, cleaning supplies (I remember the nasty smell of scrubbing the tub with comet powdered scrub), air fresheners...on and on and on. It's no wonder my thyroid went capute at the age of 15...I was getting almost no nutrients in my diet and my toxic overload was insane. I'm grateful now that I know, as long as there is consciousness in your body, you can bring it back to life and I am getting younger everyday.

No comments: